CUBA Studio Release Notes
- Breaking changes
- Gradle 3.1 is used for building projects. Due to this change, if you have Desktop Client in your project, replace
installApp task configuration in
installDist before opening the project in the new Studio version.
- HSQL database is now created in the
deploy/hsqldb project folder. An existing database is copied from
deploy/hsqldb on project opening.
- In newly created projects, Tomcat is installed to the
deploy/tomcat project folder. For projects created in previous Studio versions the path to Tomcat is not changed.
- Platform release 6.4 support and migration.
- Support for Polymer UI: module creation, scaffolding of the application shell, menu and entity screens.
- Studio can now download application components transitively. So if your project depends on component A which in turn depends on component B, you can specify dependency on A only, and B will be recognized and downloaded automatically.
- HSQL can be launched on different ports. In order to use a non-standard port, specify it in the *Database URL* in the form
- Navigator panel is redesigned to better reflect application layers. Now it contains the following sections: Data model, Generic UI, Polymer UI, Middleware.
- Generic UI screens and Polymer UI components are created by templates. See the context help for how to create your own templates.
- Screen layout designer now contains dimensions and preview mode controls on the top.
- FieldGroup fields editor simplifies creating of columns.
- The Repeat entity parent package for screens and Default parent package name for screens options on the Help > Settings page give you more control over generated package when creating Generic UI screens by templates.
- Instance name editor is available directly from view editor when the
_minimal view is selected for a refernce.
- Self-update: Studio can now download and install bug-fix versions if it is installed from Windows setup or ZIP archive. Updates are stored in
- All resolved issues