CUBA Studio Changelog
- Statistics button in the project properties panel shows the number of entities, screens, etc.
- Root package field have been made read-only. If you want to change the root package, close the project
in Studio, move all your classes to the new package and edit the
- Notification about platform updates is more descriptive now.
- Added icons for the chart components.
- Fixed service name validation.
- Fixed copyright variable names to conform IntelliJ IDEA supported variables.
- The list of samples is read from cuba-platform.com resource instead of the GitHub unauthenticated API.
- More descriptive log messages.
- If the project uses the charts base project, the component palette contains charts and MapViewer.
- The local Maven repository can be added to
build.gradle: see Advanced tab on the project
- Support for Vaadin 6 is now disabled for projects based on the platform version 5.5+.
- Fixed bug which prevents reading project settings after importing the project.
Platform release 5.5 support.
Automatic migration of existing projects changes the platform XSD version to 5.5 in all XML files.
- Projects can be opened from any location on the file system. The Workspace field is removed
from the server window.
- Remote connections to your Studio server can be established only if you set the
Enable remote connections in the server window. By default, only connections from localhost
- Sample projects can be easily downloaded from GitHub and opened in Studio. See the Samples button
in the Select project window.
- Show changes button enables you to review changes before saving them to disk. It is available
in all designer pages, as well as in the confirmation dialog which appears on closing a page containing
- Now you can replace the modules and artifacts prefix (
app by default). See the
Advanced tab on the project properties page.
For example, if you change the prefix to
resulting web applications will be named
- Additional dependencies can be added on the Advanced tab of the project properties page. They
will be preserved in case of full regeneration of the build scripts, for example, if you add a base
- HSQL database files are now located inside the project folder in
The database created in the previous Studio version will be automatically copied to this directory on
the project opening.
- Added hot deploy for service implementations. Service interfaces are not deployed.
- Studio logs can be viewed in the console panel.
- Console panel wraps long lines.
- On the Settings page, you can change the XML formatting rules. By default, each XML attribute
is printed on a separate line. You can disable this to break lines only after exceeding the maximum
- Entity designer
- Better handling of changing the entity attribute type.
- When you create a mandatory (non-null) attribute, or make an existing attribute mandatory,
Studio generates DB scripts, which update empty fields to default values.
- Now you can exclude an update script and do not execute it. Unlike removed scripts, Studio will ignore
changes, corresponding to the excluded scripts when you generate scripts next time. This allows
you to have differences between the database and the model entities. For example, you may want to add a
database field to a table, corresponding to a project entity, but do not map it to an entity attribute. When
Studio generates a script to delete the field from the database, just exclude it, and Studio will never
generate it again.
- The Do not delete columns started with field of the Settings page allows you to
specify a prefix for table columns, that should not be tracked by Studio.
See details in the context help.
- The DDL preview tab shows also constraints and indexes.
- Screen designer
- If the project is based on the platform version 5.5+, you can edit the application main window layout
similarly to any regular screen. See Create/Edit main window link on the Screens
- Changes to a Table identifier are reflected in all components that use it (button actions, etc.).
- Tab identifiers are generated automatically.
- New Embedded attributes are added to existing screens.
Over 50 other bug fixes, enhancements and usability improvements.